The Utilities Solution powered by Microsoft Dynamics AX is a proven multi-commodity solution for electricity, gas, water, cable, heating, home services, and rentals. It supports utility companies (i.e. supply, grid and metering companies) in their extended value chain comprised of the following major core domains:
- Customer relationship management
- Quotation and contract management
- Access point management
- Service management
- Asset management (smart) meters, connections, appliances)
- Product and tariff management
- Payment management
- Dunning management
- General ledger
- XML/EDI communication (localized market transactions)
The solution is modular. You decide when and which modules should be implemented.
Technology Platform - Overview
Itineris uses the Microsoft Technology Platform to deliver its integrated solutions. All Itineris solutions are based on the Microsoft Dynamics AX application and related technologies. Microsoft Dynamics AX is fully integrated with other Microsoft products and technologies such as:
- Microsoft Office
- Windows Sharepoint Services
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft Dynamics applications are integrated business applications and services that allow small and mid-sized businesses, large organizations, and divisions of global enterprises to connect employees, customers, and suppliers for improved efficiency.
Microsoft Dynamics applications work like and with familiar Microsoft software-easing adoption and reducing the risks inherent with implementing a new solution. These solutions automate and streamline, financial, customer relationship, and supply chain processes in a way that helps you drive business success.
More information: www.microsoft.com/dynamics
Technology Platform - Microsoft Dynamics AX
Microsoft Dynamics AX, part of the Dynamics product famliy and the showpiece, is a modular solution. You decide which and when the modules are implemented in your company. Microsoft Dynmics AX covers financial management, customer relationship management, supply chain management, human resource management, project management and analytics. Microsoft Dynamics AX is truly an integrated business solution.
A next generation integrated management system, specially conceived for midmarket companies (between 50 to 500 users, but it can scale to 1.000+users) looking for a flexible ERP solution that brings about a company-wide standardization. It delivers specific functionality to a lower TCO than Tier-I competitors.
Microsoft Dynamics AX is the most scalable of the Microsoft Dynamics solutions. The solution is supported in 32+ countries and languages with low TCO.
Microsft Dynamics AX has the highest technology code base of the MBS solutions. The code is highly customizable and extendable.
Technology Platform - Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics CRM gives every customer-facing employee the information they need to truly impress customers. With Microsoft CRM, you can create a centralized repository of customer data that sits neatly alongside Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Outlook-the applications your employees probably use every day. From Outlook, employees access Microsoft CRM sales, marketing, and customer service modules to make sales decisions, market products, solve problems, and get strategic views of the business. It's CRM that works-and works very well-because it works the way your users already do, works the way your business already does, and works the way technology should.
Download Microsoft Dynamics CRM flash demo [6,30MB] - [get Flash]
More information on Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
Works the way you do
- Works the way you do
- Works the way your business does
- Works the way technology should
Microsoft CRM is quite simply the fastest and easiest way to add CRM capabilities to any organization that uses Microsoft Office or Outlook. Because it was designed to partner with Outlook, Microsoft CRM delivers lower training costs, broader user adoption, less application-switching, higher productivity, and an incredibly rapid return on investment.
Microsoft CRM can give your employees direct access to customer information through Microsoft Outlook, enabling access to the information they need when they need it, in the office or on the road. Microsoft CRM lets you work the way you want to work with features such as:
Works the way your business does
- Tight integration with Microsoft Office and Outlook, allowing employees to easily pull information from Microsoft CRM into Office applications such as Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Word.
- Quick and easy access to your data through context-sensitive information for populating forms or taking next steps without changing screens.
- Customized workspaces that allow users to create, save, and reuse favorite views of customer data without the distraction of unneeded information.
- Service Calendar that allows service schedulers and dispatchers to schedule activities by resource, time, or service.
- Powerful reporting and analysis tools that make it easy to identify opportunities and problems at a glance.
- Great mobile support that allows field workers to get instant access to customer data from any personal digital assistant (PDA), laptop, or browser.
Microsoft CRM not only slips right into your employees' lives without disruption, it also adapts easily to your existing business workflow and processes. You or your information technology (IT) partner can quickly modify application forms, data fields, and relationships and add new activities and objects without writing a single line of code. This makes it easy to tailor Microsoft CRM to suit your needs and fit your business like a glove. You'll also find a number of elegant workflow innovations that speed use, including next-step suggestions and automatic task assignment. Microsoft CRM also includes capabilities such as:
Works the way technology should
- A new marketing automation module that makes it easy to build customer or lead lists, create targeted marketing campaigns, track the progress of those campaigns, and follow up on campaigns.
- Quick Campaign wizard that allows marketers and salespeople to send out e-mail blasts to targeted lists and track response.
- Service scheduling that allows you to centrally manage all aspects of a service request, from logging and dispatching to tracking and follow-up.
- Easy customization of Microsoft CRM to your business workflow by adding custom objects and activities, designing custom views for different users, and building business logic into the CRM so that Microsoft CRM automates repetitive tasks, tells users next steps, sends e-mails, and raises alerts for open items-nothing falls through the cracks, giving your customers a better experience.
- Flexible reporting that enables managers to easily see how your business is doing-CRM data can be transferred into Microsoft Excel for analysis or into Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server for updating executive dashboards or collaborating on customer-related documents.
Microsoft CRM works the way your IT staff wants it to because it's based on proven, industry-standard Microsoft technology that's easy to learn and work with. You'll enjoy a rapid, low-cost deployment; low support costs; and easy scalability as your business grows. IT-friendly features include:
- Easy to modify forms, data fields, and information relationships so that users can get the customized information they need.
- Streamlined installation diagnostic tools that reduce setup time and help ensure a successful deployment of Microsoft CRM.
- Fast data searches across large volumes of customer data that help users find the information they need.
- Easy to use step-by-step Microsoft Exchange Connector Deployment Wizard that simplifies Microsoft CRM integration with Microsoft Exchange and Outlook.
- Simple and fast connectivity to external data sources that gives users access to relevant information.
- Advanced management and notification tools that are centralized and give the IT staff the right information to manage a CRM system.
Technology Platform - Microsoft BizTalk
BizTalk is a business process management (BPM) server that enables companies to automate and optimize business processes. This includes powerful, familiar tools to design, develop, deploy, and manage those processes.
Everything you need for easy configuration is included-integrated management tools, support for Web services, a business activity monitoring (BAM) portal, etc …
In addition, BizTalk Server 2009 includes application and technology adapters to facilitate the connection to legacy systems (mainframe and mid-range) and line-of-business applications (SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and JD Edwards), as well as custom developed applications.
Itineris uses Microsoft BizTalk for integration with other applications at customer sites and exchange of information with business partners. The BizTalk integration component pre-eminently takes care of the interfacing between the solution and external systems by using existing adapters, components, best practices, development environment, etc... as much as possible.
SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)-future
Many companies choose a Service Oriented Architecture to integrate business applications. Evolving the current applications to a SOA-environment requires enormous effort and investments. Many market watchers estimate that only few companies will be able to take the "S-Curve" Jump. Microsoft currently invests huge amounts of money in order to make sure all applications fit into a Service Oriented Architecture.
SOA is the base logic for the "Breakthrough Innovation" strategy of Microsoft. Microsoft Dynamics AX is one of the leading applications offering this innovative vision and offers an integrated Application Integration Framework based on web services.
Technology Platform - Microsoft Sharepoint
SharePoint facilitates collaboration within an organisation and with partners and customers. Using the combined collaboration features of Microsoft Sharepoint and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, powerpoint, etc.), users in your organisation can easily create, manage, and build their own collaborative Web sites and make them available throughout the organisation.
Sharepoint offers manageable features that have been designed to assist users in navigating through vast amounts of information and documents. SharePoint also supplies additional functionality to enhance portal sites using indexing, searching, audience targeting, and single sign-on. Below some more features of Sharepoint:
More information on Microsoft Sharepoint Portal: www.microsoft.com/sharepoint/default.mspx
Note: Itineris uses Sharepoint Portal to facilitate the collaboration within our organization and as central portal for its customers and partners to support the services desk and easily exchange information.
- News and Topics
- My Site, with personal and public views
- Information targeted to specific audiences
- Powerful indexing and searching across file shares, Web servers, secure Web servers, Exchange Public Folders, Lotus Notes, and SharePoint sites
- Alerts that notify you when changes are made to relevant information, documents, or applications
- Single sign-on for enterprise application integration
- Integration with Microsoft BizTalk Server, a Windows Server System product designed to help customers efficiently and effectively integrate systems, employees, and trading partners.
Technology Platform - Unique Technology Assets
Choosing for Microsoft Dynamics applications and technologies has numerous advantages. Choosing for Microsoft is choosing for leadership. Being the number one software company of the world Micrsoft invests huge amounts of money in research and development. Leveraging on the Microsoft platform offers competitive advantage today and garantuee of investment tomorrow. Choosing for Microsoft is choosing for platform, desktop and application leadership which makes the software easy-to-use and deploy within your organisation.